If you’re looking for the best projector to use in a bright room or in a daylight scenario, there are several factors that you should put into consideration in order to pick the perfect choice.
In the past few years, Projectors have come a long way and advanced with better technology that allows viewers to enjoy quality videos and image projections even in the brightest rooms.
|AT A GLANCE:|
|1. Our Top Pick: Optoma HD28HDR 1080p|
|2. Best Overall: YABER Native 1080P Projector|
|3. Best Value: BenQ TK800M 4K UHD|
Nowadays you don’t need to struggle much to put curtains over windows or turn off the lights in order to enjoy vivid images from a projector. Daylight projectors have advanced a long way to offer crystal clear images that make your entertainment more enjoyable and fulfilling.
In this buying guide, we’ve provided you with all the information you need to know about daylight projectors and how to choose the best daylight projector that suits all your entertainment needs. Below are some highlighted factors and features that you should consider when buying a daylight projector.
- Five best daylight projectors overview
- Factors to consider when buying a daylight projector
- How to set up a daylight projector
- Best Five daylight projectors that you can invest in
- 1. YABER Native 1080P Projector with 6800 Lumens
- 4. Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home Theater Projector
- 5. BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater Projector with HDR and HLG
Five best daylight projectors overview
Below are some of the highlights of the best five daylight projectors that offer the greatest daylight viewing experience.
The table below highlights different capabilities that come with these daylight projectors, please refer to each product description in order to find out the most suitable daylight projector that suits all your entertainment needs.
Factors to consider when buying a daylight projector
1. Type of resolution
Projector resolution basically refers to the number of pixels that a projector displays while projecting images. So the more pixels a projector puts on display space, the better the resolution will be.
Outdoor and daylight projectors usually use one of the following resolutions:
SVGA projectors normally offer low-resolution and are used to display images with a standard quality. They are the most affordable outdoor projectors and are suitable for projecting simple charts, videos, data, and PowerPoint presentations.
WXGA projectors provide a widescreen display that creates more detailed and clearer images than the SVGA 800X600 resolution projectors. With an aspect ratio of 16:10, these projectors come with an economical price tag but offer better displays for daylight scenarios.
WUXGA projectors offer great quality image projections and are ideal for large venues or outdoor events that require a high-definition content display.
They can project 1080p videos and still have more pixels for brighter graphical elements. Their widescreen graphical array enables viewers to enjoy large-screen videos with the best resolution.
2. Lamp and Reflector
Every projector comes with its own reflector and lamp. The lamp serves as a source of light and behind the lamp, a reflector is strategically placed in a direction that directs the light forward towards the direction of the mirror. For the best image quality always choose the best daylight projector with the most advanced lamp and reflector.
3. Blower and cooling fan
While the projector is in use, its lamp generates a lot of heat and it’s good to have a cooling fan that cools it and prevents it from overheating. The fan is usually connected to a motor shaft that circulates cool air inside the base unit.
A good daylight projector should have a cooling fan that eliminates excessive heat produced by the projector’s heating components. Projectors that don’t have an effective cooling system are prone to interruptive power-offs and this can be so irritating since it happens unexpectedly.
4. Brightness and lumens
The brightness of a projector is usually measured in lumens. The more lumens a projector has, the more brightness it projects. For the best daylight viewing experience, it’s good to have a projector with more than 3000+ lumens.
For dark rooms projectors with 1500 lumens usually work fine but you must close all doors and windows with dark curtains that prevent sunlight rays penetration. If you’re trying to project images or videos on an outdoor occasion during the day, just go for the projector with the highest lumens possible.
The influence of the sun on a daylight projector
The sun contributes a lot to how well a projector will work for daylight viewing and outdoor experience. In the old days, projectors were only used in dark rooms. Nowadays projectors have been advanced with new technologies that allow the projection of crystal clear images even under the brightest outdoor conditions.
If you have a great daylight projector with more than 3000+ lumens and want to project images and videos during the day, all you’ve to do is avoid all angles where sun rays will be directly shinning towards the screen.
Also, consider the sun’s reflection and glare, they can come from any direction and therefore you must be vigilant when setting up your daylight projector.
5. Projector Screen design
A good projection surface or screen should have all the qualities that provide or enhance the best viewing experience. If you want your daylight projector to work best for you, consider the brightness, color, and material used to make the screen.
Screens with a glossy and bright white surface should be used in a darker room while dark and matte screens are perfect for bright rooms or outdoor daylight viewing experiences.
How to set up a daylight projector
Setting up a daylight projector is a very simple task. Once you know all the prerequisites of how to use a projector, it will be so easy to set up a perfect environment that provides the best viewing experience.
Most daylight projectors come with a setup manual that guides you on how to set up the projector in a bright room or outdoor scenario.
For the best viewing experience make sure you pace out the viewing area, screen area, and projector area. Make sure you allocate enough space between all elements, plus extra little space for emergencies, maintenance and projector navigation access.
The projector should be set at an optimal angle and relative distance from the projecting screen. Also, make sure it’s high enough to prevent any interference or disturbances from people walking around.
If you’re setting up your daylight projector for an outdoor experience, please pay attention to sunrise, midday, and sunset positions. A suitable place for the best outdoor experience should have a natural or constructible shade that prevents or block sun rays from directly interfering with your image quality.
Also, be sure to have easy power access for the projector. A good quality power cable and power extension can be used to supply electric power for the projector if you’re going to set up your daylight projector at a far distance from your power sources.
Best Five daylight projectors that you can invest in
YABER is one of the top quality projector manufacturing companies. The YABER Native 1080P Projector uses advanced German LED light source technology to deliver high-quality bright screen images with very fantastic clarity.
This projector comes with outstanding color accuracy and incredibly sharp images that provide the best daylight viewing experience.
What makes YABER Native 1080P Projector stand out as one of the best daylight viewing projectors is its innovative 4D electronic keystone-correction function that allows _+50 degrees vertical and horizontal correction. (This function is not available on other projectors).
- 6800 lumens Brightness – The YABER Native 1080P Projector utilizes bright LCD and LED light display technology to power up its lamp with 6800 lumens. This projector provides over 50+% of brightness that comes from a regular projector.
- 8000:1 contrast ratio – For projectors contrast ratio refers to the difference between the brightest and darkest areas of a picture. Projectors with a high contrast ratio enable viewers to enjoy clear shadow details adding a sense of depth to the pictures.
- X/Y zoom Function- This projector comes with a motorized zoom facility that can reduce and increase the image size by up to 50% of the original length. With the X_Zoom & Y_Zoom remote controls, you don’t need to adjust the projector distance frequently in order to match the screen size.
- Mirroring Function- with the projector’s mirroring function you can connect this projector with a smartphone, MacBook, iPhone, and other devices.
- Adopt color matching technology and algorithm- The YABER Native 1080P Projector uses a color matching algorithm that enables superior color gamut’s and a superior opto-mechanical structure that allows precise color standards.
- HD Reverse Lens Design- This projector lens adopts a color design concept that enables great HD quality pictures.
- HiFi Stereo Audio – This projector comes with a stereo speakers sound system that enables clear sound clarity.
- Comes with a high output of 6800 lumens
- Very good contract ratio of 8000:1
- Comes with a screen included (a big plus)
- Projects strong picture quality
- Very portable
If you’re looking for a great daylight projector for home entertainment purposes, consider buying the Optoma HD28HDR 1080p Home Theater Projector.
This projector delivers incredible picture quality and supports 4K HDR and UHD video sources. Its max screen of 300 inches can provide very enjoyable movie and gaming experiences in your own outdoor backyard or bright entertainment rooms.
- Uses next-generation technology- that enables viewers to enjoy clarity 4K images with a detailedn1920 X 1080P resolution.
- Enjoy high colorful & bring images- With 3600 lumens this projector allows you to enjoy great quality images with a 6 color segment wheel (RYGCWB) that allows bright color profiling.
- HDR compatible- The projector comes with a HDR10 technology that makes 4K inputs to become brighter while providing a deeper and enhanced detail viewing experience.
- Long lamp life – Enjoy up to 15,000 hours+ of projector lamp use.
- Standard throw projection- when mounted on a ceiling or placed on a table, this projector can project images from 15 feet away with a max screen projection of 302 inches.
- High output of 3600 lumens brightness
- Great lamp life 15000+ hours
- Supports 4k Videos and inputs
- Gets hot really fast
- It comes with minimal zoom capabilities
If you’re looking for a daylight projector that delivers great 4K picture quality, consider having the BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater Projector with HDR and HLG. This projector offers immersive HDR and HLG beautiful images and can be a great experience for live sports and live video streaming.
Its 3000 lumens brightness lets you enjoy crystal pictures in a bright room or backyard, with an incredible sound that makes you feel as if you’re in the stadium or actual live event.
- Comes with 4K projection technology – With more than 8.3 million distinct pixels, this projector delivers inspiring 4K UHD image quality that is projected with stunning clarity and very defined details.
- Outstanding brightness – The projector is packed with 3000 lumens that provide enough brightness for ambient lighted conditions and outdoor scenarios with more lighting.
- Great Gaming & Movie watching experience – With 4K video support, this projector allows you to enjoy your favorite console games with sharp and clear picture quality.
- DLP Design – comes with a better DLP design that provides great image resolution that is clearer when compared to other technologies.
- Auto Vertical keystone correction – The BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater Projector comes with an incredible keystone correction functionality that makes it easier to project aligned images from different location setups.
- Great for sports and live events
- Great lamp life 15000+ hours
- Supports 4k Videos and inputs
- Very bright and high-quality images
- It’s a bit expensive when compared to similar models
- Projection Screen not included
When it comes to choosing the best daylight viewing projector, there are so many factors that you should consider in order to make a great choice for your entertainment needs.
One of the most crucial features and factors that you should look out for is the number of lumens projected by the projector.
In order to beat bright ambient light that prevents a great daylight viewing experience, it’s good to go for a projector with 3000+ lumens. This will be bright enough to provide you with amazing crystal clear and sharp images in all your bright rooms and outdoor places with uncontrollable lighting.