Owning a projector can change your entertainment game. They’re also great for professional use and can be used on the go. They can be of better quality than a stereotypical television or computer screen and can be immensely bigger.
Most people realize this but believe that owning a project can put a large dent in your budget. That simply isn’t true. Many projectors are relatively affordable and won’t leave you with a burning hole in your wallet.
With that in mind, we’ve scoured the internet to find the best projectors for under $100. We’ve done the research and found some of Amazon’s top-rated projectors for you to analyze. You won’t need to trudge through the depths of the web to find the perfect projector, they’re all right here.
This helpful guide will begin with a comparison table of each projector before moving onto the actual reviews of each product.
Keep reading toward the end for the buyer’s guide that is designed to help you make the best purchase possible.
Table of Contents
The Five Best Projectors Under 100
Before we dive in, it’s important to get an overall understanding of each projector. This comparison table will show each product’s highlights and what they’re best at.
Not all projectors are created equally, so it’s important to understand which one is going best suit your needs.
Reviews of the Best Projectors Under 100
While the comparison table is preferable to understand the highlights and general descriptions of each product, it won’t tell you the finer details that also matter.
With that in mind, this reviewed list was created so you can understand the nitty-gritty details behind a product before you invest in a projector.
Let’s dive in.
iDGLAX is provided quality entertainment in a small package. It weighs a total of two pounds but can cast a screen size up to 100 inches. That’s almost double the size of the average American’s standard television.
It’s also compatible with 1080p and comes with a free HDMI cable. It will also connect to modern gaming systems, computers, and iPhones, Androids, and tablets. No matter what device you prefer to use, this projector will almost surely be capable of projecting it.
You can keep it in a personal room for gaming, or put it in the living room to get large projections of your favorite movies. It comes with built-in speakers so you won’t need to adjust any soundbars or purchase a separate audio system.
- It’s compatible with all modern multi-media devices, ideal for the entertainment and home-theater lover in all of us.
- The image size has limited out at 100 inches, which is a relatively large projection for such a small device.
- It comes with built-in speakers so you don’t have to worry about purchasing a separate sound system.
- The resolution is 1080p compatible so you can watch all your HD movies and shows without worry.
- Ideal for entertainment use, not professional. Don’t use this product to deliver PowerPoint presentations.
The QKK Portable Mini Project with Tripod is great for those want to be able to use their projector in almost any scenario. Awkward surfaces and uneven edges aren’t a problem by utilizing the tripod that comes with this projector.
Ideally, this projector is placed a little more than 15 feet away from the screen for the best image quality. At this range, you’ll be receiving a 120-inch display. However, if you want to go bigger, you’ll be able to increase the image size. At a maximum, this projector can display 176 inches of quality images.
It comes with two USB ports to accommodate consumers who need to connect two USBs at once while using a projector. You’ll be able to use both at the same time. This feature won’t be commonly found on the market, so if you’re interested in the feature, this may be the product or you.
Last, but not least, this is a portable projector. It’s meant to fit conveniently in your glove box, trunk, or even in a briefcase. Family road trips, game night at your friend’s house, or just a backyard video game night with your neighbor are all easily possible. You’ll be able to carry this projector with ease.
- This projector comes with a tripod to make projections even and centered in any environment.
- You’ll be able to use two USBs at once with their incredibly user-friendly double USB feature.
- It’s compatible with all modern devices that you’d want to use in conjunction with it.
- A maximum display of a highly respectable 176 inches.
- It’s easily transportable and can be taken with you almost anywhere.
- The contrast ratio comes in at a mediocre 2,000:1, leaving the image quality with a bit of a lackluster feel.
VANKYO is a well-known brand within the projector industry, and for good reason. They hit it out of the ballpark once again with this affordable projector.
The screen size can be as large as 170 inches at a distance of 16.4 feet. However, it’s recommended to use the projector at a distance of 6.5 feet for the best image. This will bring your image size down to a relatively large 60 inches or so.
Lumens come in at 2,800. In other words, it’s a bright projector. This will matter much more when using your projector during the daylight. Brightness will control how well you’ll be able to see your image when it’s bright around the projection. If you plan to project in the daylight, you’ll be glad you had 2,800 lumens behind your back.
As a bonus, all VANKYO projections come with a noise suppression system to reduce the buzzing of the fan within. This will better your viewing experience and cool your system better so it lasts longer. User-friendly features that increase the overall value of a product aren’t something you’ll see every day.
- It’s capable of producing a large maximum screen size and also a relatively large image at the recommended viewing distance as well.
- You can connect both Androids and iPhones for sharing quality images and videos instantly with a large group of people.
- Because of the noise suppression system, your projector will last longer while still reducing the annoying hum that machines are known to annoy the masses with.
- It’s compatible with most modern devices. It’s a modern technology meant to connect with other latest advances.
- 2,800 lumens make this projector viable for use in the daytime.
- Unfortunately, you’ll need an HDMI adapter for your Android products if you’d like to connect them to this projector.
POYANK is in tune with the modern age and let’s use know with this WiFi-compatible projector.
The only downside is that you’ll need an internet connection to use this projector. Once a device is connected, you’ll easily be able to project it.
You can connect to iPhones, Androids, tablets, PCs, Macs, and all modern gaming consoles with relative ease. This makes online gaming easy and fun as you watch your favorite video games on the big screen
The display size ranges from 32 inches to 176 inches, depending on how far your projector is away from the screen. Ideally, you should have this projector at a distance of around 15 feet or best picture quality. This still leaves you with a relatively large screen size of approximately 100 inches.
To connect to the projector, you can either pair your smartphone with the projector or plug them indirectly via user-friendly USB ports.
- It’s WiFi compatible with instant sharing and viewing of any material.
- The display size clocks in at an optimal 100 inches and a respectable maximum of 175 inches.
- It’s ideal for video games. It can be a great gift for kids, teenagers, and adults alike.
- You’ll need an internet connection to use this projector. Without it, you won’t be able to connect any devices for projection.
Dr. J made this portable projector with the intent to bring you home entertainment on the go.
It supports 1080p resolution, so you’ll be able to connect modern gaming consoles and modern films without issue.
Because it’s portable, you’ll be able to carry this in the palm of your hand. It can also be easily placed in trunks, gloveboxes, purses, and briefcases. Road trips are a breeze when you have one of these.
While it’s smaller than other projectors, you won’t lose anything in screen size. It has a maximum projection of 176 inches so you can still get your big screen anywhere you want.
It’s, of course, compatible with all modern consoles and devices you’d want to use for entertainment purposes as well.
- The 176-inch screen size on a portable projector is a great deal, you get the best of both worlds.
- Portable projectors make on-the-go entertainment easy. It can be your companion as you go about your day-to-day activities.
- Ideal for entertainment use. All standard entertainment devices are fully supported without reported issues.
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
Best Projector Under $100 Buyer’s Guide
Purchasing a projector should be a long-term investment. With that in mind, we’ve put together the most important factors that will define how good of purchase your making.
Take note of each of these factors and reflect n how they will impact your use of a projector.
Mini Projectors vs Standard Projectors
Mini projectors are great for on the go use. Road trips, business presentations, or any event that’s not at your home are ideal places to use mini projectors. This portability comes at the expense of some of the high-quality features that come with a standard projector.
Larger projectors won’t be as portable and may be difficult to constantly move around. However, they make up for it by being able to project much higher quality images that can duplicate the atmosphere of a cinema.
Think about how you plan to use your projector in the future and your answer will become clear.
Projectors Under $100 Resolution
The difference between 800p and 1080p is extremely noticeable. Nowadays, home theater lovers will demand HD resolution, and for good reason.
It’s starting to become the standard of all video industries and is sometimes required by-products. For example, a PS4 will require an HDMI connection to be used.
Lowering your resolution doesn’t have to be negative. If you plan on using your projector for presentations or images, having a resolution lower than HD won’t ruin the moment.
Projectors Under $100 Lumens
Lumens are a measurement of how bright your projector will be. In theory, you want more lumens than fewer lumens no matter.
However, this isn’t always true. If you plan on using your projector in dark environments or strictly at night, you won’t need a higher amount of lumens to receive a good projector. It’ll be dark enough that your brightness won’t matter as much.
On the other hand, if you’re planning on using your projector in brighter environments or the daylight, you’ll be wanting to purchase a projector with a higher amount of lumens. This will help your image quality by a ton.
Purchasing a projector doesn’t have to break the bank. The best projectors under $100 get the job done and do it well, too.
You’ll find a wide variety of affordable projectors, each with its benefits and scenarios it’s best in. Because of this, you must understand what factors are going to influence you the most.
From mini projectors to huge pictures, to dazzling brightness, this guide highlights the best projectors under $100 that suit your needs.